FULTON COUNTY, Ga. — Rapper Young Thug’s brother has been arrested on a gun charge months after he took a plea deal in the sweeping indictment against members of the alleged Young Slime Life criminal street gang.
Quantavious Grier was booked into the Fulton County Jail on Thursday on charges of possessing a firearm by a convicted felon, persons associated with a criminal street gang to participate in illegal activity and some minor traffic offenses.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
In December, Grier pleaded guilty to one count of violating the RICO Act and one count of theft by receiving stolen property.
Grier, whose rapper name is UNFOONK, accepted a 12-year sentence with two years commuted to time served and ten years probation.
Superstar rapper Young Thug, whose real name is Jeffery Williams, is Grier’s brother.
- Here are the people facing charges in the indictment that includes rapper Young Thug
- Young Thug’s brother accepts plea deal in YSL case, can’t have contact with Atlanta rapper
- ‘I need to start an OnlyFans:’ Attorneys in YSL gang trial say they aren’t getting paid enough
- ‘Sizeable’ amount of drugs found on defendant as screams caused chaos during YSL trial, Sheriff says
- Chaos erupts in courtroom at Young Slime Life trial as defendant starts screaming from holding cell
There are conditions that Grier must meet as part of his probation. He must not have any contact with his brother Young Thug and other defendants until the case is over. Grier must also perform 750 hours of community service, abide by a 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew and cannot have a gun.
It is unclear how Grier’s arrest will affect the terms of his plea deal.
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
IN RELATED NEWS:
©2022 Cox Media Group