ATLANTA — Someone could be $430 million richer by Saturday morning. After there were no winners on Tuesday, the Mega Millions lottery jackpot is up for grabs Friday night.
If you were to win and take the cash option, you would walk away with $291.1 million. It would be the 11th largest prize in the lottery drawing’s history.
You can watch the Mega Millions drawing LIVE on WSB-TV every Tuesday and Friday night at 11 p.m., followed by WSB Tonight.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
It has been since February that anyone has won the Mega Millions jackpot. That ticket was worth $96 million and was drawn in Blossvale, New York.
The other jackpot won this year was second largest in Mega Millions history. A whopping $1.05 billion prize went to a group of players in Michigan.
Here are some interesting facts about Mega Millions:
- The odds of winning the Mega Millions jackpot are 302,575,350 to 1.
- The largest Mega Millions jackpot won on a single ticket was drawn in October 2018 in South Carolina.
- That prize was worth $1.537 billion, making it the world’s largest lottery prize won on a single ticket.
- Six Mega Millions jackpots have been won on a Friday the 13th.
- There was a jackpot winner in the very first Mega Millions drawing. The drawing on May 17, 2002, resulted in a $28 million winning ticket in Illinois.
- Since the game began in 2002, there have been 194 jackpots won by 219 individual tickets. Twenty of those jackpots have been shared by two or more winning tickets.
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]