DEKALB COUNTY, Ga — A total of 16 cars were broken into early Thursday morning by five teenagers, according to the Dunwoody Police Department.
Dunwoody police officers arrived at an active car break-in in the parking lot of Peachford Hospital. Once police arrived, the teens ran away.
The teens were found climbing the fence behind a business and eventually arrested, according to police.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
Brookhaven Police Department responded to assist Dunwoody police with these arrests.
One of the teens who ran away from the police but eventually arrested. Police said this teen did not comply after he was ordered to stop.
He was taken to the hospital to get treated for his injuries before being taken to DeKalb County Jail.
The cars were broken into at the Sterling Apartments and Peachford Hospital.
Officers found two stolen firearms, along with multiple other items, among the teens.
- Police urge drivers to seek alternate routes as new Whataburger opens in metro Atlanta this week
- One person dead after argument inside southeast Atlanta hair salon
- KSU student says 2 men hurling racial slurs broke his nose, ripped out dreadlocks during attack
The following teens are facing multiple felony charges:
- Kenneth Laster – 17-year-old male
- Teneldric Boykins – 17 year old male
- Quavion Black – 17-year-old male
- Marcus Carter – 17-year-old male
- Unidentified 15-year-old male
Lester, Boykins, Black, and Carter were transported to DeKalb County Jail and the juvenile was transported to RYDC.
Channel 2 Action News has reached out to police for the teens’ mugshots.
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
IN OTHER NEWS:
©2022 Cox Media Group