ATLANTA — The U.S. News and World Report has listed Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta as one of the top pediatric hospitals in the nation for 2022-2023.
A press release from the hospital’s website said these results are reflective of the “heroic” work of their doctors, nurses and caregivers.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
The report ranks hospitals for excellence in outcomes, program structure and national reputation in 10 pediatric specialty areas, and Children’s ranked in each of the 10.
Out of the 10 specialties that U.S. News & World Report ranks, Children’s has four specialties ranked in the top 10 and eight specialties ranked in the top 20. The list included the following:
- Cancer Program (No. 7)
- Gastroenterology and GI Surgery Program (No. 7)
- Nephrology Program (No. 9)
- Urology Program (No. 10)
- Orthopaedics Program (No. 11)
- Neurology and Neurosurgery Program (No. 11)
- Pulmonology and Lung Surgery Program (No. 16)
- Cardiology and Heart Surgery Program (No. 18)
- Federal police officer opens fire on person near State Farm Arena in downtown Atlanta
- Multiple people arrested on prostitution charges during raids of two Brookhaven massage parlors
- LIVE UPDATES: Severe Thunderstorms downing trees, power lines in metro Atlanta
Donna Hyland, CEO of Children’s, said she is very proud of their team and that the hospital is committed to making anything possible for the children.
“We are proud of our incredible team for the specialized care and level of expertise they provide to all our patients, and we are honored to be named as one of the top pediatric hospitals in the nation,” said Hylands. “As we continue advancing pediatric medicine to meet the needs of future generations in Georgia and beyond, we are committed to doing everything possible to make anything possible for kids.”
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
IN OTHER NEWS:
©2022 Cox Media Group