FLOYD COUNTY, Ga. — No one took home the big Powerball jackpot on Wednesday night, but two winners in Georgia are waking up $100,000 richer.
The Georgia Lottery website shows that two matched four of the five white ball numbers and the Powerball for $50,000. The tickets also had the 2x Powerplay, which doubled their winnings to $100,000.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
The winning numbers for Wednesday were 9, 17, 20, 38 and 40, and the Powerball was 18. Channel 2 Action News reached out to the Georgia lottery to confirm where the tickets were sold.
The lottery says these were the winning locations:
- Kountry Corner, 8125 Albany Hwy, Sasser, GA
- Dragon Food Mart, 839 Park Ave SE, Lindale, GA
Meanwhile, there were no winners in the Powerball jackpot. The next drawing on Saturday is worth $572 million with an estimated cash value of $308.9 million.
You can watch the Powerball drawing LIVE every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday on Channel 2 before WSB Tonight at 11 p.m.
- Dollar General employee accused of stealing around $80,000 through fraudulent transactions
- Police urge drivers to seek alternate routes as new Whataburger opens in metro Atlanta this week
- KSU student says 2 men hurling racial slurs broke his nose, ripped out dreadlocks during attack
How do you claim winning lottery tickets in Georgia?
Georgia Lottery says any prizes less than $600 can be claimed at any of its retailers; however, prizes over $600 must be claimed at the lottery headquarters or district offices or mailed for the payment.
Winners of prizes of more than $600 must fill out a winner claim form and have a valid government-issued photo ID with a Social security card.
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
©2022 Cox Media Group