ATLANTA — A historic amount of cash will be on the line as part of the Mega Millions jackpot on Tuesday night.
The jackpot for Tuesday’s drawing will be $1.1 billion with a $568.7 million cash payout, marking the third-highest payout in Mega Millions history.
Mega Millions has had jackpots climb past the $1 billion mark four times in a little over four years. In January 2021, someone in Michigan won a $1.050 billion jackpot.
You can watch the LIVE Mega Millions drawing every Tuesday and Friday night RIGHT HERE on Channel 2, right before WSB Tonight at 11 p.m.
The game, which has been in Georgia for 20 years, has only had two bigger jackpots than the one up for grabs tonight.
In Oct. 2018, someone in South Carolina walked away with the $1.537 billion prize. Then, in July of 2022, someone in Illinois won a $1.337 billion jackpot.
- Store’s “lucky” reputation brings in Mega Millions players
- Jumping jackpot: Mega Millions passes the $1 billion mark for the fourth time
- $1.1B Mega Millions prize also can be winner for retailers
Here is a list of the largest jackpots in Mega Millions history:
- Oct. 23, 2018: $1.537 billion
- July 29, 2022: $1.337 billion
- Jan. 10, 2023 (Tuesday): $1.100 billion
- Jan. 22, 2021: $1.050 billion
- Mar. 30, 2012: $656 million
- Dec. 17, 2013: $648 million
- July 24, 2018: $543 million
- July 8, 2016: $536 million
- March 30, 2018: $533 million
- June 7, 2019: $522 million
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
©2022 Cox Media Group