KENNESAW, Ga. — Whataburger, the Texas-based burger staple, will open multiple locations in Georgia in 2022.
The first Georgia location will be in Kennesaw, the company said in a news release Thursday.
Currently, the only location operated in the state is located in Thomasville, near the Florida state line.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
The company said it will hire more than 180 employees this summer.
“The Atlanta area is a great location for Whataburger, and we couldn’t be more pleased to make our entry into the community with our Kennesaw restaurant expected to open this fall,” Market Leader Jon Barideaux said. “We’ve had the good fortune of meeting quite a few of our new neighbors already, and we’ve already felt every bit of their hospitality.”
- Viral TikTok video appears to show Georgia officer having sex while on the job
- District says school officer shot angry mother who came to school with weapon
- Parents of missing mother fear they’ll never see their daughter again
The burger joint will hold its groundbreaking on Wednesday, Apr. 6, with the Cobb County Chamber of Commerce.
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
These additional locations are set to open in 2023:
- 503 Lakeland Plaza, Cumming, Ga. 30040
- SEQ Buford Dr and Exchange Dr, Buford, Ga. 30519
- 3321 Lexington Rd, Athens, Ga. 30605
- 3201 Atlanta Hwy, Athens, Ga. 30606
- 100 Pottery Rd, Commerce, Ga. 30529
- 15 Wallace Blvd, Dawnsonville, Ga. 30534
©2022 Cox Media Group