The City of Atlanta is expanding its emergency housing assistance program for those dealing with the impacts of COVID-19. In addition to rent, utility and other help, the city is offering mortgage relief.
Applicants can get up to $5,000 and even those who applied before can still request assistance again. Applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify:
- provide proof of COVID-19 impact on finances
- live within Incorporated city limits of Atlanta
- meet household income guidelines
- provide valid ID
- provide proof of rent, mortgage and/or utility bills
City officials are urging anyone who needs help to apply as soon as possible. The deadline is Dec. 30 and applications can be found online here.
[SPECIAL SECTION: Coronavirus Pandemic in Georgia]
- Secretary of state official calls out President Trump, leaders for spreading rumors, endangering lives
- CDC panel makes its recommendation for who should get COVID-19 vaccines first
- Stimulus bill proposal: Unemployment help is there; stimulus checks are not
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]