ATLANTA — Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms has issued an administrative order to develop a “financial framework to identify funds to implement the activities and needs of the Mayor’s Coronavirus Pandemic Coordination Team.”
Last month, Bottoms ordered the creation of a pandemic coordination team to help with the city’s needs over COVID-19, the diseased caused by the new coronavirus.
“While facing the coronavirus health threat, this Order will ensure the City is in its best posture to conduct day-to-day operations without disruption,” Bottoms said in a news release. “This funding framework will be used to guarantee the City of Atlanta is positioned to deliver services and conduct operations in a seamless manner regardless of what we as a community may face in the days and weeks ahead.”
The mayor is urging all city residents and visitors to follow preventive measures to help limit the spread of the virus. They include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you have recently returned from a country with ongoing COVID-19 infections, monitor your health and follow the instructions of public health officials.
You can read the mayor’s full order here.
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group