ATLANTA — A Fulton County grand jury indicted a man accused of the murder of a 77-year-old woman who was found stabbed to death in her Buckhead home.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
In December 2022, police accused 23-year-old Antonio Brown of breaking into the home of 77-year-old Eleanor Bowles in an attempt to steal her 2021 Lexus RS350. Authorities believe Bowles interrupted the robbery and was stabbed to death by Brown.
Investigators say Brown walked into the gated community, but how he got past security is unclear. The car was tracked and recovered in DeKalb County.
- Ga. teacher fired, arrested after being caught with student in library closet, sheriff’s report says
- Officers, command staff resign after south Georgia police chief arrested by GBI
- 2 Clayton County employees on administrative leave after murder suspect was mistakenly released
According to court documents, Brown was indicted on the following charges:
- Felony murder (four counts)
- Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon
- Armed robbery
- Burglary in the first degree
- Abuse of an elder person
- Theft by taking
- Possession of a knife during the commission of a felony
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
“Let me be very clear to those who would want to do crime in our community, if you pull a gun or pull out a knife to harm someone in our city, you will be arrested and sent to jail,” Atlanta Mayor Andre Dickens said during a press conference in December.
Family and friends of Bowles told Channel 2 Action News she was a devoted member of the Poppy Garden Club in Atlanta. She also had a big love of animals and her family.
IN OTHER NEWS:
©2022 Cox Media Group