CHEROKEE COUNTY, Ga. — Two workers were rushed to the hospital after they suffered serious burns in an electrical shock accident at a construction site in Cherokee County.
Emergency crews were called to the construction site of the new Holiday Inn on College Parkway in Canton around 8 a.m.
“We pulled up to find a gentleman inside the electrical panel and couldn’t get him out due to active power,” said Lt. Nathan Croft.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
Firefighters were eventually able to remove the victim who had burns over 100% of his body. He was taken to the Grady Burn Center in Atlanta in critical condition.
Another worker suffered second degree burns to his forearms, neck and the side of his face. He was also taken to Grady Burn Center.
Authorities are working to figure out what went wrong.
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
Cherokee County Fire & Emergency Services responded to an electrocution call this morning, just shortly after 8 o’clock,...Posted by Cherokee County Fire and Emergency Services on Tuesday, May 25, 2021
©2021 Cox Media Group