Amid the COVID-19 crisis, a bunch of local businesses are stepping up and offering free services and products
FOOD AND BEVERAGE:
Atlanta Community Food Banks - Working to feed 5 districts and 21 schools throughout the area to ensure that children who rely on school lunch programs do not go hungry during this time. Families should reach out to their district to find out when their distribution is scheduled. Call (404) 892-3333 for more information.
Marco’s Pizza (Marietta) - FREE large 1 topping pizzas to our health care workers and first responders starting from April 1-April 30th. (Carry Out Only). We also have drive-thru carry out if guest doesn’t want to come in and keep the social distancing.They just have to provide their ID Card/ Badges and they get their pizza on us. Call (678)-304-6565 for more info. Address: 2986 Johnson Ferry Rd, Marietta, GA 30062.
Table and Maine - Starting March 24, anyone in need of a hot meal can visit Table & Main at 1028 Canton Street in Roswell for free food pickup Tuesday through Sunday from 12-4 p.m., no questions asked.
Kale Me Crazy is offering free immunity wellness shots to people who work in the medical field.
Starbucks - Offering free coffee for first responders. Until May 3, any customer who identifies as a first responder or frontline worker supporting our healthcare system will receive tall brewed coffee (hot or iced) at no charge – including police officers, firefighters, paramedics, doctors, nurses, hospital and medical staff and medical researchers.
Tropical Smoothie Cafe - The business will be donating 100,000 smoothies nationwide to local healthcare workers and first responders to help support those on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Under the Cork Tree: Pop-Up Food Pantry at at The Prado Shopping Center 5600 Roswell Road, #2. Donations and Shopping Start Friday, March 27 11am-3pm. For more information on when to donate, Call Jennifer at 404-271-1347 and email email@example.com.
YMCA of Metro Atlanta is offering hunger relief to in-town Atlanta families amid school closures through two targeted programs - the USDA Family Hunger Program and the YMCA Backpack Program. The USDA Family Hunger Program is distributing meals to all families with children 18 years old and younger. This program is available at the below times and locations:
- Arthur M. Blank Family Youth YMCA: 555 Luckie Street, Atlanta, Georgia 30313. Drive thru pick up snack & dinner, 2-4 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- The Villages at Carver Family YMCA: 1600 Pryor Road, Atlanta, Georgia 30315. Drive thru pick up snack & dinner, 2-4 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- The YMCA Backpack Program, in partnership with Publix Super Markets Charities and the Atlanta Falcons Foundation, is sending early learning students home with food for the weekend to feed their families at the following times and locations:
- The Villages at Carver Family YMCA: 1600 Pryor Road, Atlanta, Georgia 30315. Weekend backpack pickup (for Y afterschool families), 2-4 p.m. Friday.
- Andrew and Walter Young Family YMCA: 2220 Campbellton Rd SW, Atlanta, GA 30311. Weekend backpack pickup, 2- 4 p.m. Friday.
- The USDA Child Food Program is distributing food exclusively for YMCA Early Learning/Head Start families at the following locations and times:
- Chattahoochee YMCA Early Learning Center: 2751 Peyton Road NW, Atlanta, GA 30318. Drive thru pick up lunch, 1-2:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- Dean Rusk YMCA Early Learning Center: 433 Peeples St. SW, Atlanta, GA 30310. Drive thru pick up lunch, 1-2:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Free printing service for Atlantans working from home Cartridge World Atlanta at 3220 Cobb Pkwy., Suite 106 and 2221 Peachtree Road, Suite V is offering free printing for anyone working from home without a printer. Just email your file to firstname.lastname@example.org and call when you arrive. An employee will bring the document out to you. Employees will also be wearing gloves when handling documents. SOURCE: Cartridge World Atlanta.
HKM Employment Attorneys LLP - The law firm will provide a free Atlanta Coronavirus Response Employee Hotline and Resource Center along with a roundtable (which will be done by telephone) that explains employees’ rights in Atlanta and Georgia during the Coronavirus pandemic. All these services will be offered free of charge.To access our hotline, any employee simply needs to call 404-777-6027 or email email@example.com. For more info visit https://hkm.com/atlanta/coronavirus.
© 2020 Cox Media Group