ATLANTA — Isiah Washington, 49, of Covington was arraigned in federal court Aug. 20 after being charged with transmitting interstate threats.
Federal prosecutors allege Washington posted explicit violent threats on social media directed at a retired FBI supervisory agent.
Channel 2 Action News covered Washington’s arrest last year.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
The federal indictment stems from an online rant in which Washington allegedly targeted multiple federal law enforcement agencies.
The charges follow an investigation by the FBI into threats made against current and former law enforcement officers.
According to information presented in court, Washington posted multiple violent messages on the social media platform X in April 2025 targeting federal law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, CIA and DEA.
The online posts culminated when Washington published photos of a retired supervisory FBI agent and another individual who resembled the former official, accompanied by comments stating, “I’m going to kill him,” and “I’m going to kill this guy.”
TRENDING STORIES:
- Son of former RHOA star Kim Zolciak arrested on serious charges
- Woman stabbed mother 10 times at Chick-fil-A
- College student found dead in car; boyfriend, his mother charged
U.S. Attorney Theodore S. Hertzberg outlined the government’s response to the online conduct.
“Washington allegedly posted explicit threats to kill a former high-level FBI supervisor as part of a vicious online tirade aimed at multiple federal law enforcement agencies,” Hertzberg said. “Threats to murder and maim are not protected speech and they will not be tolerated. My office will aggressively prosecute anyone who threatens the life of a law enforcement officer.”
The case is being investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Marlo Graham, Special Agent in Charge of FBI Atlanta, said the agency remains committed to addressing threats against law enforcement personnel.
“Violent threats against FBI personnel are not taken lightly, whether they are made in person or from behind a keyboard,” Graham said. “As alleged, Washington crossed the line with explicit threats against a former FBI supervisor and the FBI will continue working with our law enforcement partners to hold accountable those who threaten the lives of law enforcement officers.”
A federal grand jury returned the indictment against Washington on July 29.
In addition to the federal count, Washington faces local charges in South Carolina for allegedly making threatening phone calls to a North Charleston police station in June 2025.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Eric Boylan is prosecuting the federal case and Washington remains detained in the custody of the U.S. Marshals Service pending further court proceedings.
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]