WOODSTOCK, Ga. — The City of Woodstock provided an update on a development plan that threatens to displace 130 families not far from downtown Woodstock.
The city said in a social media post that the developer who plans to redevelop Ansley Park has asked the city council to table the case and send it back to the planning commission.
Channel 2’s Tom Regan previously reported that the owner of Ansley Park is retiring. The plans called for the mobile home community to be sold to a developer, who plans to build 220 single-family homes on the site.
Those opposed to the plan say it threatens to displace “working‑class, predominantly Latino immigrant families."
But before homes can be built, the plan to annex the park into the City of Woodstock and rezone it would have to be approved.
The redevelopment plan was approved by the Woodstock Planning Commission in a meeting earlier this month and forwarded to the city council.
But the city said Tuesday the developer asked for the plan to be sent back to the planning commission. That’s expected to happen at the next city council meeting on Aug. 24.
The city said once the developer’s request is approved, the city council will also delay the public hearings related to the zoning request.
The zoning request will go back to the planning commission on Nov. 5, and will be on the agenda for the city council on Nov. 16.
The city said the planning commission and the city council will hold public hearings related to the zoning.
“We will share updated dates as soon as they’re confirmed. Thank you for staying engaged and informed,” the city said.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
TRENDING STORIES:
- National sandwich chain opening first Georgia locations
- $10M find: Construction worker drills through wall, discovers cache of gold
- Sanitation worker falls off truck, dies during first day of job
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]