NEWTON COUNTY, Ga. - A Covington funeral home is making sure a newborn allegedly killed by her father has a proper burial.
J.C. Harwell & Son Funeral Home and Cremation Chapel will hold a private funeral for Caliyah McNabb, who was found dead Sunday.
"We're donating all of our services,” Mary Evelyn Davis told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution late Thursday.
A vault company also donated the casket for burial, Davis said. The family has requested details regarding the service not be released.
- Arrest warrant details timeline in 2-week-old’s death
- Father planned murder of 2-week-old, investigators say
- Father charged with murder in death of 2-week-old daughter
- Witness says father of baby found dead in woods yelled 'I didn't do it' before arrest
- Father of baby found dead in woods arrested on probation violation
Earlier Thursday, an online fund-raising page was created to help raise money for the funeral. That page was later shut down because the funeral costs have been provided.
Saturday morning, 15-day-old Caliyah was reported missing by her mother. That night, Christopher McNabb pleaded publicly for his daughter’s return.
But Sunday, searchers found the baby in the woods behind the family’s home. On Wednesday, McNabb was charged with murder. Investigators believe he struck the baby in the head before wrapping her in a T-shirt and blanket, putting her in a bag and leaving her body in the woods.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.