by: Nicole Carr Updated:
NEWTON COUNTY, Ga. - We’re getting new details in the investigation into the death of a 2-week-old girl in Newton County.
Channel 2’s Nicole Carr received the arrest warrant for Chris McNabb, who is accused of killing his newborn daughter.
Warrants show police believe he hit baby Caliyah in the head with a blunt object, wrapped her in a t-shirt and blanket, placed her body in a duffel bag in some woods.
- Father who allegedly planned murder of 2-week-old will stay behind bars
- Father planned murder of 2-week-old, investigators say
- Father charged with murder in death of 2-week-old daughter
- Witness says father of baby found dead in woods yelled 'I didn't do it' before arrest
- Father of baby found dead in woods arrested on probation violation
According to those warrants, it all happened between midnight and 10:30 a.m. Saturday.
Detectives allege that not only did McNabb kill his child, but also planned her murder and the effort to hide her body.
Channel 2 Action News spoke to McNabb on Saturday, just 11 hours after authorities believed he killed the infant.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.