159 PM EDT Mon Apr 16 2018
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EDT THIS EVENING...
...FREEZE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 9 AM EDT
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a
Freeze Warning, which is in effect from midnight tonight to 9 AM
EDT Tuesday. The Freeze Watch is no longer in effect.
* Temperatures...Upper 20s to low 30s.
* Locations...far northeast Georgia.
* Winds...Northwest at 18 to 25 MPH, with gusts to 25 to 35 MPH.
Gusts may briefly reach 45 MPH in the higher elevations.
* Timing...Winds will increase through the day. Peak speeds are
expected through 8 PM. Freezing temperatures from midnight
tonight until 9 AM Tuesday.
* Impacts...These winds may break tree branches and down weaker
trees, particularly those in saturated soils due to heavy
rainfall. Unsecured outdoor items may be blown around. Freezing
temperatures will likely damage tender plants that have already
sprouted, budded or flowered.
A Freeze Warning means sub-freezing temperatures are imminent or
highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of at least
20 mph...or gusts to 35 mph or stronger are expected. Winds this
strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile
vehicles. Use extra caution.