516 AM EDT Thu Oct 11 2018
...TROPICAL STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT...
* LOCATIONS AFFECTED
- LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: Below tropical storm force wind
- Peak Wind Forecast: 15-25 mph with gusts to 35 mph
- POTENTIAL THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY: Potential for wind 39 to
- The wind threat has remained nearly steady from the
- PLAN: The sustained wind should remain less than tropical
storm force. Conditions may still be gusty.
- PREPARE: Listen for any instructions from local officials.
- ACT: Ensure emergency readiness should the forecast change.
- REALIZED IMPACTS: Being Assessed
- Little to no additional wind impacts expected. Community
officials are now assessing the extent of actual wind
* FLOODING RAIN
- LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: Flash Flood Watch is in effect
- Peak Rainfall Amounts: Additional around 1 inch
- POTENTIAL THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY: Potential for moderate
- The flooding rain threat has remained nearly steady from
the previous assessment.
- PLAN: Emergency plans should include the potential for
moderate flooding from heavy rain. Evacuations and rescues
- PREPARE: Consider protective actions if you are in an area
vulnerable to flooding.
- ACT: Heed any flood watches and warnings. Failure to take
action may result in serious injury or loss of life.
- POTENTIAL IMPACTS: Significant
- Moderate rainfall flooding may prompt several evacuations
- Rivers and tributaries may quickly become swollen with
swifter currents and overspill their banks in a few places,
especially in usually vulnerable spots. Small streams,
creeks, canals, arroyos, and ditches overflow.
- Flood waters can enter some structures or weaken
foundations. Several places may experience expanded areas
of rapid inundation at underpasses, low-lying spots, and
poor drainage areas. Some streets and parking lots take on
moving water as storm drains and retention ponds overflow.
Driving conditions become hazardous. Some road and bridge
- LATEST LOCAL FORECAST:
- Situation is unfavorable for tornadoes
- POTENTIAL THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY: Tornadoes not expected
- The tornado threat has decreased from the previous
- PLAN: Tornadoes are not expected. Showers and thunderstorms
with gusty winds may still occur.
- PREPARE: Little to no preparations needed to protect
against tornadoes at this time. Keep informed of the latest
- ACT: Listen for changes in the forecast.
- POTENTIAL IMPACTS: Little to None
- Little to no potential impacts from tornadoes.
* FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- Family emergency plans: Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Local weather conditions and forecasts: