1200 PM EDT Wed May 16 2018
...Flood Warning extended until this evening...The Flood Warning
The Sweetwater Creek near Austell.
* Until late this afternoon.
* At 1145 AM Wednesday the stage was 10 feet...and rising.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 10 feet.
* The river will continue rising to near 10.6 feet by this afternoon.
The river will fall below flood stage late this afternoon.
* At 10 feet...Flood Stage is reached. Minor flooding occurs in the
woodlands and fields upstream and downstream from the gage near the
Interstate 20 bridge. Portions of a paintball playing field just
downstream of the bridge begin to flood. Athletic fields in the
Woodrow Wilson Park on Mount Vernon Road begin to flood due to
water backing up in ditches. Water also begins to floods yards of
four elevated homes along Mount Vernon Road.
LAT...LON 3379 8464 3385 8463 3380 8459 3374 8459
3370 8463 3376 8466