STATESBORO, Ga. — Georgia Southern and Coastal Carolina fans probably have this message for referees: Let the kids play! Or in the case of what happened Saturday, let the kids dance.
The Eagles and Chanticleers had a "hype dance-off" across from each other's sidelines during a TV timeout to loosen up before the fourth quarter.
In what has to be a first, referees gave every player on both teams an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for the dancing. Seriously. Check out the video courtesy of ESPN:
A few players who already received unsportsmanlike conduct penalties earlier in the game were ejected for their second infraction.
Georgia Southern ended up winning in triple overtime, 30-27. Here are highlights from the win:
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SATURDAY
- No. 10 Georgia Bulldogs shut out Kentucky
- Ellington passes for 3 TDs in Georgia State's win over Army
- Georgia Tech stuns Miami in overtime for first ACC win under Collins
- Georgia Southern outlasts Coastal Carolina 30-27 in 3OT
- Bryant accounts for 5 TDs, Kennesaw State beats Presbyterian
Cox Media Group