No. 1 Alabama and No. 3 Ohio State will meet in the College Football Playoff National Championship Monday night in Miami.
Heisman winner Devonta Smitha and the Tide cruised to a Rose Bowl win over No. 4 Notre Dame. Justin Fields and the Buckeyes dominated Trevor Lawrence and No. 2 Clemson in the Sugar Bowl.
This will be the first playoff championship for Ohio State since it won the inaugural game in 2015. Alabama has played in almost every playoff championship and won its last one in 2018.
Of course, there’s always a Georgia connection and there are some familiar names on the Crimson Tide and Buckeye rosters.
Here are the former high school players that Georgians can cheer on Monday night.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
- Javon Baker, freshman wide receiver, McEachern
- Brian Branch, freshman defensive back, Sandy Creek
- King Mwikuta, sophomore linebacker, Troup County
- Christian Swann, senior defensive back, Pebblebrook
- Seth McLaughlin, freshman offensive lineman, Buford
- Miller Forristall, senior tight end, Cartersville
- Kyle Mann, freshman defensive lineman, McEachern
- Justin Eboigbe, sophomore defensive lineman, Forest Park
- Jamil Burroughs, freshman defensive lineman, McEachern
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
- Justin Fields, junior quarterback, Harrison
- Trey Sermon, graduate running back, Sprayberry
- Steele Chambers, redshirt freshman running back, Blessed Trinity
- Antwuan Jackson, graduate defensive tackle, Cedar Grove
- Harry Miller, sophomore offensive lineman, Buford