ATLANTA — Nobody said it would be easy, but the promising finish to the 2020 season should give Georgia Tech football fans a chance to see some great games in 2021.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
The Yellow Jackets schedule was released Thursday, and as of right now, the plan is for a full 12-game season featuring seven home games and five on the road.
Another highlight for the home team: The first “Mayhem at MBS” contest. For the next six seasons, the Jackets will play one of their home games at Mercedes Benz Stadium, though the school says they are still working on the opponent for this years game with an announcement coming soon.
- State, local, federal officials investigating what caused leak that killed 6 at processing plant
- Lawmakers propose budget changes to fix state’s virus tracking system, more money for public health
- Lowe’s is hiring 750 people in the Metro Atlanta area
Five of Tech’s 2021 opponents finished this past season ranked in the Associated Press Top 25 poll, and the traditional rivalry game with the Georgia Bulldogs is back. Here’s a look at the schedule by date (note: kickoff times have not yet been released):
- Sept. 4: vs. Northern Illinois (Home Game)
- Sept 11: vs. Kennesaw State (Home Game)
- Sept. 18: at Clemson
- Sept. 25: vs. North Carolina (Home Game)
- Oct. 2: vs. Pittsburgh (Home Game)
- Oct. 9: at Duke
- Oct. 16: BYE WEEK
- Oct. 23: at Virginia
- Oct. 30: vs. Virginia Tech (Home Game)
- Nov. 6: at Miami
- Nov. 13: vs. Boston College (Home Game)
- Nov. 20: at Notre Dame
- Nov. 27: vs. Georgia (Home Game)
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
2021 is the third season for Jackets head coach Geoff Collins, and with freshman All-America RB Jahmyr Gibbs and promising QB Jeff Sims set to return, expectations are high on The Flats.