ATLANTA — The Atlanta Falcons have announced attendance at 2020 home games will be limited due to the COVID-19 pandemic, assuming the season starts at all.
The announcement was made on the team website and offered a variety of options for season ticket holders:
- Credit for any funds already paid toward their 2020 season tickets will remain on account to either purchase tickets to select 2020 home games, pay off PSL installments, or can be rolled over to cover costs associated with the purchase of 2021 season tickets.
- Should season ticket members choose to keep their season ticket credit on account and are current on their 2020 payment obligations, the 2021 season ticket pricing will be flat (based off the 2020 10-game plan) regardless of whether they attend any 2020 home games.
- If season ticket members are interested in pursuing an alternative solution such as a refund, they may reach out to a service representative and the Falcons will work to find the best solution for them.
- Additionally, the Falcons will provide members who are paying their annual PSL installments an option to extend their PSL payment terms by one year by deferring either their 2020 or 2021 PSL payment.
- Whether or not season ticket members elect to attend home games during the 2020 season, their contractual season ticket seat locations will be protected for the 2021 season.
An email that will be sent to season ticket holders will include a survey asking what games they’d like to attend this season. The team said they will hold a lottery style drawing for those ticket holders based on the survey.
The Falcons made it clear any games and the size of the crowds at Mercedes-Benz Stadium this year would all be based on guidance from local authorities.
“As I’m sure you understand, the game-day experience this season will be different from what you’ve come to expect at Mercedes-Benz Stadium,” Steve Cannon, CEO of AMB Sports and Entertainment said in the statement.
Details of those changes at the stadium were not included.
The team also added tickets for the 2021 Season would not include a price increase.
Information on financial options and future ticket requests is expected to be sent to season ticket holders next week.
© 2020 Cox Media Group