One Disney-themed children’s clothing line has been recalled due to a possible lead poisoning hazard.
According to a news release from the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the company Bentex recalled its children’s clothing sets because the textile ink painted on the clothes “contained levels of lead that exceed either the federal lead paint ban or the federal lead content ban.” This has caused a lead poisoning concern.
According to the CPSC, lead is toxic if it gets ingested or can cause health issues for children.
The recall affects nine different Disney-themed clothing sets, according to the CPSC.
According to KTLA, the clothing sets were sold at a few stores — including TJ Maxx, DD’s/Ross, Burlington, and the Army & Airforce Exchange Service, as well as some online retailers — from November 2021 to August 2022.
Below are the product names, descriptions and batch numbers of the affected clothing sets, per the CPSC:
- Jersey Leggings Set - G9P6456M - yellow Minnie Mouse long sleeves with black leggings - 69P6456MI-0122, 79P6456MI-0122, 89P6456MI-0122, 99P6456MI-0122 69P6456MI-0722, 79P6456MI-0722, 89P6456MI-0722, 99P6456MI-0722
- Bike Shorts Set - G1E2125MI - Winnie the Pooh long-sleeve shirt with light blue shorts - SP2247971DC 3/2022
- Girls Shorts Set - SP2246088DS - T-shirt with Disney Descendants characters, gray and purple shorts - SP2246088DS 03/2022
- Boys Shorts Set – B2E6459LN - Green long-sleeve shirt with Baby Yoda, green shorts - 02E6459LN-0322, 12E6459LN-0322
- 3 Pack Shorts Set - B2E6919MM - Three-pack of Mickey Mouse print shorts - 02E6919MM-0322, 12E6919MM-0322, 22E6919MM-0322, 32E6919MM-0322
- 3 Pack Pants Set - B2P6920MM - Three-pack of Mickey Mouse print shorts - 02P6920MM-0322, 12P6920MM-0322, 22P6920MM-0322, 32P6920MM-0322
- Children’s Shorts Set - B2E5094PH - Yellow short-sleeve t-shirt with Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, gray shorts - 12E5094PH-1021 22E5094PH-1021
- Children’s Leggings Set - G2P6361MI - Green short-sleeve Minnie Mouse shirt, pink leggings - 62P6361MI-032272P6361MI-032282P6361MI-0322
If you have one of the above-listed products, the CPSC said to immediately take the clothing sets away from children and contact Bentex about how to return or get rid of the clothing in order to get a full refund. Bentex’s phone number is 800-451-0285 or you can email them at email@example.com. For more information, visit Bentex’s website or the CPSC website.
So far, no injuries have been reported.
©2022 Cox Media Group