The Powerball jackpot continues to elude lottery players, as no one matched all five numbers and the red Powerball on Saturday night. Monday’s estimated jackpot, at $785 million, will be the fourth-largest in the promotion’s history.
The numbers drawn Saturday were 1-12-20-33-66 and the Powerball was 21. The multiplier was 2X.
No winner; $785M Powerball jackpot is 4th-largest
Update 12:11 a.m. EDT Sept 24: There was no jackpot winner in Saturday’s Powerball drawing. Monday’s estimated amount will be $785 million, which is the fourth-largest in the promotion’s history.
If someone wins Saturday, they will have two options: An annuity, in which the winner receives one immediate payment followed by 29 annual payments that increase by 5% each year; or the lump sum option. Choosing the second option will make the cash value amount approximately $367 million before taxes.
According to the lottery officials, the Powerball jackpot on Friday was bumped up from $725 million to $750 million. Saturday’s drawing was the 28th consecutive since a winning ticket was sold two months ago.
Original report: If nobody wins Saturday, Monday’s drawing could be for an amount that is the fourth largest in Powerball history.
The last time someone won the Powerball jackpot was on July 19, when a $1.08 billion ticket was sold in California. That was the third-largest Powerball jackpot in the promotion’s history, lottery officials said.
Drawings are held every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. Tickets, which cost $2 per play, are sold in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The odds of winning the grand prize are 1 in 292.2 million, according to Powerball.com.
Top 10 Powerball jackpots
- $2.04 billion – Nov. 7, 2022 (One ticket from California).
- $1.586 billion – Jan. 13, 2016 (Three tickets from California, Florida and Tennessee).
- $1.08 billion – July 19, 2023, drawing (One ticket from California).
- $785 million – Sept. 25, 2023 drawing.
- $768.4 million – March 27, 2019 (One ticket from Wisconsin).
- $758.7 million – Aug. 23, 2017 (One ticket from Massachusetts).
- $754.6 million – Feb. 6, 2023 (One ticket from Washington).
- $731.1 million – Jan. 20, 2021 (One ticket from Maryland).
- $699.8 million – Oct. 4, 2021 (One ticket from California).
- $687.8 million – Oct. 27, 2018 (Two tickets from Iowa and New York).
2023 Powerball jackpots won
- Feb. 6 — $754.6 million — Washington
- March 4 — $162.6 million — Virginia
- April 19 — $252.6 million — Ohio
- July 19 — $1.08 billion — California