4 arrested after gun fired at Chuck E. Cheese in Florida

BRANDON, Fla. — Three women and one man were arrested at a Chuck E. Cheese in Brandon, Florida, after a fight erupted Saturday and at least one shot was fired, the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office confirmed.

>> Read more trending news

According to a news release issued by the sheriff’s office, the incident began with an altercation inside the restaurant just before 5 p.m.

Per the sheriff’s office, a private security guard tried to move the brawling crowd outdoors when a woman pulled out a gun while still inside the children’s-themed restaurant’s “vestibule.” The guard tried unsuccessfully to wrestle the gun from the woman, who later dropped the weapon outside the building, WFLA-TV reported.

According to the sheriff’s office, a second woman picked up the gun and fired at least one shot into the air, but she quickly “lost possession” of the weapon, and a third woman picked it up and placed it inside a light gray Chevrolet Traverse.

A man involved in the scuffle was also taken into custody, but deputies did not find any shooting victims at the restaurant, WFLA reported.

Meanwhile, an Audi crashed into the Chuck E. Cheese while the altercation unfolded. The man driving the vehicle was taken to an area hospital as were two women and one juvenile with injuries not considered life-threatening, Fox News reported.

Chuck E. Cheese issued the following statement to WFLA:

“We are aware of the incident that occurred on Saturday, Sept. 24, at our Brandon, Florida, location, where a vehicle crashed into our storefront. We want to assure our guests that we take great measures to protect the experience children and families have in our venues. The safety of our guests and employees is our number one priority. The General Manager onsite and our team members acted quickly to alert local authorities and secure medical attention for those involved. We are thankful for the dedicated service of community law enforcement and the swift actions of our alert team members and security. We are cooperating with the police during their ongoing investigation and cannot offer additional details at this time.”