On Monday, those who have served their country will be honored with Veterans Day parades and ceremonies across the U.S.
Here are some quotes about veterans from people across the decades in honor of the men and women who have served and continue to serve in the U.S. military.
- "Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." - Douglas MacArthur
- "The veterans of our military services have put their lives on the line to protect the freedoms that we enjoy. They have dedicated their lives to their country and deserve to be recognized for their commitment." - Judd Gregg
- "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." - Elmer Davis
- "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." - John F. Kennedy
- "Brave men rejoice in adversity, just as brave soldiers triumph in war." - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- "How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!" - Maya Angelou
- "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George S. Patton
- "The willingness of America's veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude." - Jeff Miller
- "Never was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill
- "Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem." - Ronald Reagan
Cox Media Group