PUYALLUP, Wash. - A Washington mother is sharing the heartbreaking details of her infant son's death to warn other parents and prevent another accidental death from occurring.
In a lengthy Facebook post, Jordan DeRosier explains how her 7-month-old son, Sloan, died on July 3. She says she put him to bed with two blankets, and when she went in the next morning to wake him, his head was caught in one of the blankets. His body was ice-cold. The blanket became tangled in the bed rails and her son’s head got stuck inside the blanket, DeRosier said.
- 4 children, man dead in 'horrendous' stabbing; mom detained
- GDOT: No idea off the table in fixing Downtown Connector traffic
- Man accused of killing neighbor over dog droppings in yard
(DeRosier is pictured with her older son in the July 4 Facebook post.)
Family and first responders attempted to revive Sloan, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
In her post, she warns and pleads other parents: "You never think it will happen to you. You never think it will be your baby. Please do not put your babies to bed with a blanket."
She ends her post by saying, “Please learn from my world shattering mistake.”
DeRosier also decided to go public about her son's tragic death because she said anti-vaccine activists were blaming her son's death on vaccines, so she felt the need to set the record straight.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.