• 10-year-old boy overdoses on marijuana-infused sour gummy candy

    By: Shelby Lin Erdman, Cox Media Group National Content Desk


    New York police are investigating a drug overdose involving a 10-year-old boy.

    >> Read more trending news

    The boy was rushed to a hospital emergency room after eating cannabis-infused sour gummy candy on Sunday, where he was treated for an overdose and released, according to WABC

    The medicinal marijuana-grade candy, a package of “pink lemonade belts,” contained 250 milligrams of THC, Ramapo Police Department officials said, enough to cause an overdose of THC in a young child.


    The incident occurred when the boy was sitting in the family car unsupervised. The child found the candy in the car, police said.

    Authorities arrested the boy’s father, identified as 37-year-old Ephraim Zagelbaum.

    Zagelbaum is charged with endangering the welfare of a child, but more charges could be filed, depending on the outcome of testing on the candy.

    Next Up:

  • Headline Goes Here

    10-year-old boy overdoses on marijuana-infused sour gummy candy

  • Headline Goes Here

    Officer used excessive force in mall incident, jury rules

  • Headline Goes Here

    Two dogs dead after eating toxic mushrooms

  • Headline Goes Here

    Garth Brooks supports March for Our Lives protesters with new song

  • Headline Goes Here

    Texas space lover says NASA photographed 'alien skeleton' on Mars