• Was your speeding ticket wrongfully issued?


    1. You will need to file and open records request with Georgia's Department of Public Safety for the specific department.  Please note there is a nominal charge for the service. 

    2. Check with the department to determine if officials will take your request electronically or prefer a hard copy.

    3. Fill out an open records request

    4. Please input the necessary information.

    5.  Expect a response from D.P.S. within three business days.

    6.  Once you have the paperwork in hand ensure (1) the name of the street where you received a ticket is mentioned and (2) confirm you were ticketed within the listed mile markers.

    7. If you have concerns follow up with the department who gave you a ticket.

    Do you receive a ticket in McDonough? Look at the permit currently on file with D.P.S. for the police department ________________ (add link)



    Next Up:

  • Headline Goes Here

    Was your speeding ticket wrongfully issued?

  • Headline Goes Here

    Tex McIver found guilty of murdering his wife

  • Headline Goes Here

    Juror in Tex McIver trial: 'It definitely took a lot of compromise'

  • Headline Goes Here

    A breakdown of the verdict in the Tex McIver trial

  • Headline Goes Here

    5 things to know about Diane McIver