• Mother charged after 3-year-old left in car for hours, police say

    By: Nefertiti Jaquez , Audrey Washington


    SOUTH FULTON COUNTY, Ga. - A local woman is in jail after authorities said she left her 3-year-old son in a car for three hours.

    Only Channel 2 Action News was there when authorities took Lillian Stone into custody Tuesday night.

    Stone waived her first court appearance on Wednesday. Outside of the Fulton County court, her family said the whole thing was a mistake.

    “The news is making her look like she’s a criminal but you don’t even see, she don’t have a record or nothing,” Stone’s friend said.

    Investigators said Stone left her child inside a locked car for up to 3 hours on Smoke Ridge Drive. Someone called 911 and reported seeing a child inside the parked car.


    By the time, police and paramedics arrived, it was clear the toddler was in bad shape. He was rushed to a nearby hospital in critical condition.

    “She’s a good person. She loves her kids I mean she lives for these kids,” said Stone’s sister.

    Stone’s sister fought back tears as she spoke, telling Channel 2’s Audrey Washington that Stone would never intentionally hurt her child and that this was all a terrible mistake.

    “She’s a human who makes mistakes,” her sister said.

    Stone’s best friend also stood by with Stone’s other child in her arms. 

    Bond was not set for Stone. She is due back in court on November 15.

    Her family said they plan to be at that court date to show their support.

    Next Up:

  • Headline Goes Here

    Mother charged after 3-year-old left in car for hours, police say

  • Headline Goes Here

    Judge rules former school officer can't be prosecuted on charges of…

  • Headline Goes Here

    Police say man meets women on dating site, steals from them

  • Headline Goes Here

    Man dies hours after being shot at former NFL player's home

  • Headline Goes Here

    26-year-old teacher caught in crossfire of deputy-involved shooting