• Sneiderman trial wraps up day three


    ATLANTA - On Wednesday, jurors in the Andrea Sneiderman trial listened to recordings of the Dunwoody widow’s conversations with detectives and saw video of her arrival at her son’s preschool following the shooting of her husband.

    Sneiderman was emotional during the proceedings, breaking down in tears multiple times. She denies having an affair with her former boss, Hemy Neuman, who was convicted of murdering her husband, Rusty.

    Dunwoody Police Detective Andrew Thompson testified that Sneiderman downplayed Neuman to the point that he initially ignored Neuman as suspect.

    “She concealed any kind of physical involvement with Hemy,” testified Thompson. “She told me absolutely nothing to emphasize that there was an inappropriate relationship, or an extramarital affair with Hemy, which would have guided my investigation directly at him.”

    Sneiderman’s defense team pointed out she did give police Neuman’s name the day after the murder, along with six other business contacts.

    “Did you pick up the phone on the 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd or 23rd and say, ‘Hemy this is Andy Thompson. I’m a detective with Dunwoody Police Department. Can I ask you a few questions?’” said Sneiderman defense attorney Tom Clegg.

    “No I did not,” said Thompson.

    “But you called up her exterminator?” asked Clegg.

    “Yes,” said Thompson.

    The prosecution also showed a clip of Sneiderman denying Neuman was present on a business trip to Denver.

    She has since admitted Neuman was in Denver.

    Sneiderman is charged with 13 counts of lying and misleading authorities.

    The trial will resume Thursday morning.

    Next Up:

  • Headline Goes Here

    Sneiderman trial wraps up day three

  • Headline Goes Here

    Massive police and counterprotester presence overshadow neo-Nazi rally

  • Headline Goes Here

    MINUTE-BY-MINUTE: Protesters outnumber neo-Nazi group in Newnan

  • Headline Goes Here

    One dead after double shooting in northeast Atlanta

  • Headline Goes Here

    Hundreds pay respects to CDC worker found dead weeks after disappearing