• Showers, storms to pop up throughout evening, more expected this weekend

    By: Severe Weather Team 2


    ATLANTA - Showers and storms are popping up across the metro, and Severe Weather Team 2 Meteorologist Brad Nitz says it will stay that way throughout the evening. 

    "I wouldn't change outdoor plans but just know you may be dodging a few showers here and there," Nitz said. 

    We're using advanced weather technology to track the storms throughout the evening on Channel 2 Action News 

    Those showers and storms will die out throughout the night and into Saturday morning. 

    "We start Saturday warm and muggy but dry to begin the day," Nitz said. 

    [DOWNLOAD: WSB-TV's Weather App for alerts on storms]

    Nitz said the rain chances go up with the heating of the afternoon. 

    "A front to the north and a lot of tropical moisture south of it, combined with the heating of the day, will trigger showers and storms, will cause a little more coverage tomorrow later afternoon into the evening," Nitz said. 

    Rain chances will be around 60% for Saturday with a slight decrease in rain chances Sunday, at about 40%.

    Overall, our rain chances stay well above average through next week. 

    Next Up: