ATLANTA - A woman faces four counts of reckless conduct after leaving her four kids inside of a SUV, Atlanta police confirmed.
Officers say Charnae Mosley, 27, left her children ages 6, 4, 2, and 1 inside of her SUV. She was gone for at least 16 minutes while she shopped at Kroger on Headland Drive Southwest. Mosley is due in court Tuesday morning.
Video on the scene shows Mosley in the back of a police car wiping sweat from her forehead.
Police say it was around 3 p.m. when someone noticed the children in the vehicle with the doors locked and the windows rolled up. They reported the children abandoned.
"People are more concerned about other stuff, getting out of the car, doing whatever they want to do instead of taking care of the kids," said neighbor Michael Smith.
Mosley came out of the store to find officers waiting for her. Her family did not want to comment, but her neighbors reacted.
"I think there's no excuse," said Lawanda Johns. "I do think there's different degrees and different situations, but when it's hot outside I don't think it's appropriate."
The children were given water on the scene and police say they were all removed from the vehicle safely.
"They were checked out by EMS and are OK, thankfully," said Sgt. Gregory Lyons. "(Mosley) has been charged with four counts of reckless conduct and she'll be going to Fulton County Jail this evening."
Officials with the Division of Family and Children Services were called to the scene. The children were released to their grandmother.
Mosley appeared before a judge Tuesday morning. She remains behind bars pending $8,000 bond. A probable cause hearing is scheduled for August 12.
The judge said, if she bonds out, she will not be allowed to have contact with her children.
- Starbucks glitch blamed for bank charges
- Man's Self-Written Obituary Goes Viral
- Congressman wants airliners to have missile defense systems
- WATCH: Peyton Manning dances to 'Rocky Top' in viral video
- Giant ketchup bottle draws tourists in Illinois
- $1,000 Sovaldi now hepatitis treatment of choice
- PHOTOS: Blue Angels make stylish return to Seattle
- Breast-feeding moms take over Oklahoma park
- Officer resigns after shooting homeowner's dog in the face
- Madagascar billed as surfing paradise