North Fulton County

Woman tells police she was kidnapped, drugged and assaulted at metro Atlanta home

NORTH FULTON COUNTY, Ga. — A woman told police she was drugged, sexually assaulted and held captive for two days in a Roswell home.

Police said they got a call from 911 from a woman who said she was kidnapped. Police found the woman at a home on Victory Ridge Lane Tuesday morning.

Only Channel 2 Action News was in the neighborhood Tuesday when Roswell police descended on the home.

Channel 2's Mike Petchenik talked to police about the terrifying story the victim told them and the search for several people who she says held her captive.

Lt. Noah Caplan said the victim said she didn't know where she was when she called 911.

"She was brought here some time Sunday evening from somewhere in College Park," Caplan said the woman told him. "During her time here, she'd been drugged and assaulted."


Caplan said Roswell police were able to deploy new technology called "Rapid SOS" to find the victim.

"Normally, people call 911 from cell phones and we're able to get a general area, but with use of this new software, we were able to pinpoint exactly where this individual was and send officers directly to the location," Caplan said.

When officers forced their way into the home, they found the woman, but her alleged captors were gone.

"As far as we're aware, she's familiar with at least one of the suspects, and we believe there could be two to three additional parties involved," Caplan said.

Police said they think one of the people renting the home was involved. They got a search warrant to go through the home for evidence. The victim was taken to the hospital.

Petchenik talked to neighbors, who were stunned this happened in their neighborhood.

A neighbor who didn't want to be identified said he saw officers swarm the street early Tuesday.

"I don't like the idea of all this criminal activity taking place in my neighborhood," he said.

He said his neighborhood is usually quiet.

"This is uncommon," he said. "I hope she's OK."

Police are working to identify everyone involved so they can arrest them.