• Grab an umbrella today. And tomorrow. And the day after that…

    By: Severe Weather Team 2

    Updated:

    ATLANTA - You'll most likely need to grab an umbrella tonight, tomorrow, and the day after that. 

    Scattered showers and storms moved through north Georgia most of Monday afternoon and Severe Weather Team 2 Meteorologist Brad Nitz says they will continue to hang around through the evening.

    [Download the Severe Weather Team 2 app for alerts in your area]

    Nitz says there is a chance for rain every day this week. 

    Severe Weather Team 2 is tracking the storms throughout the week on Channel 2 Action News.

    Waves of rain will move off and on throughout the next few days across north Georgia.

    “It’s not going to rain all the time everywhere, but we have several opportunities for showers and storms through the week ahead,” said Severe Weather Team 2 meteorologist Brian Monahan.

    Monahan said another cold front moved through north Georgia Monday afternoon, which produced more storms and showers in Atlanta and to the north.

    “As that front sags south, we’ll see that rain chance spread the rest of north Georgia for the week ahead,” Monahan said.

    As we move throughout the week, Monahan said there will be a 60 percent chance of rain through Wednesday. That chance lessens to about 40 percent toward the weekend.

    By the end of the week, 2 to 4 inches of rain is possible across north Georgia.


    What viewers can only get on Channel 2 Action News: 

    • Updated hour-by-hour cloud and rain forecast showing the timeline and favored locations of showers and storms. 
    • Updated hour-by-hour humidity forecast showing the dry air moving away and more humid air returning. 
    • Updated hour-by-hour rain potential graphics showing when the next chance of rain moves in
    • Updated rainfall potential

     

    Next Up: