• Heaters pose fire risk on first freeze of season

    Updated:

    ROSWELL, Ga. - The Roswell Fire Department was called to a home full of smoke Monday morning.

    The homeowner told Channel 2’s Darryn Moore she clicked on the furnace to warm up her home and minutes later, smoke filled the townhome.

    Firefighters ripped out the insulation and sheet rock in the attic just in case flames were hiding in the wall.

    Atlanta firefighters told Channel 2 Action News they consider freezing temperatures to be the start of fire season as people begin turning up their heating units to keep warm.

    Capt. Dave Ware said faulty furnaces, heating units and fireplaces can catch on fire, especially when they have not been used since last winter.


    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    Heaters pose fire risk on first freeze of season

  • Headline Goes Here

    WANTED: Convicted murderer leaves courthouse before verdict is read

  • Headline Goes Here

    Firefighters save woman from burning home

  • Headline Goes Here

    Security upped in Newnan ahead of planned neo-Nazi rally

  • Headline Goes Here

    Driver shoots at another car in road rage incident along I-20