ATLANTA — It's going to be another cold start to your Thursday as temperatures are expected to fall to near freezing levels throughout the early morning, but it won't be nearly as cold as what we woke up to Wednesday.
This morning, most people woke up to the coldest temps we've felt since January.
Here's what Severe Weather Team 2 Meteorologist Brad Nitz says we should expect overnight:
- Temperatures will fall into the low 30s overnight.
- Clouds will increase through the overnight hours, keeping temps from falling even further.
- Temps will actually rise a bit early Thursday morning before the sun comes up.
- A few isolated showers are possible in parts of the metro Thursday afternoon.
We're tracking when temperatures will start to warm up, on Channel 2 Action News.
Old Adamsville Recreation Center, 3404 Delmar Lane NW, Atlanta, GA 3033. Warming center will remain open through 9 a.m. Thursday.
DeKalb County will reopen 2 warming centers for citizens to use overnight at:
- Fire Station 3, 100 N. Clarendon Ave, Avondale, GA 30002.
- Fire Station 6, 2342 Flat Shoals Road, Atlanta, GA 30316.
The shelters remain open from 7 p.m. Wednesday until 7 a.m. Thursday.
© 2019 Cox Media Group