Another hot day and a chance of storms is in store for Tuesday.
Severe Weather Team 2 said we had the hottest day of the year this weekend, but the heat isn't going away soon.
Monday marked the 50th day with temperatures in the 90s. The record stretch of heat was in 2011 when we were in the 90s for 90 consecutive days.
Tuesday, there will be extreme heat in north Georgia again with heat indices as high as 105 degrees.
Some much-needed rain will follow. Severe Weather Team 2 says some strong to severe storms are possible on Tuesday.
- Updated hour-by-hour cloud and rain showing what areas could have isolated showers and storms today
- Updated hour-by-hour cloud and rain forecast showing higher rain chances moving in as we head into mid-week
- Updated hour-by-hour temperature and jet stream forecast showing the heat peaking over much of the southern part of the country (including north Georgia) the next couple of days
- Updated hour-by-hour heat index forecast
- Updated heat advisory information
Cox Media Group