• Woman pulled from DeKalb Co. house fire


    DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. - Firefighters say they pulled a woman from a DeKalb County house fire Wednesday morning.

    Crews were called to a fire at a home on Stonehaven Way, off Stone Mountain Lithonia Road, around 6:30 a.m.

    Capt. Eric Jackson of the DeKalb County Fire Department said, when firefighters arrived, there was too much smoke and flames to enter through the front door. When they put a ladder up to a second-story window, firefighters located an elderly woman  at the base of the window.

    The woman was brought down the ladder and treated at the scene before being taken to an area hospital, fire officials said. The woman is in critical condition. A second person was also hospitalized.

    The homeowner's daughter, Roxie King, told Channel 2 her sister was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital and her brother is being treated for smoke inhalation.

    "I was told the fire started from a dryer," King said.

    A total of six people were inside the home at the time.

    Next Up:

  • Headline Goes Here

    Woman pulled from DeKalb Co. house fire

  • Headline Goes Here

    Michael Vick to coach new professional football team coming to Atlanta

  • Headline Goes Here

    Child taken when thieves steal cars from daycare center

  • Headline Goes Here

    High school coach arrested on sexual battery charges

  • Headline Goes Here

    Pandora to bring hundreds of jobs to Fulton County