• Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's puppy dies after eating poisonous mushroom

    Updated:

    By HotTopics.tv

    Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson shared sad news to Instagram after his dog, Brutus, ate a mushroom while playing outside. 

    Johnson posted a photo of himself cradling his beloved French bulldog at an animal hospital Tuesday. Brutus was put down after eating a toxic mushroom, causing severe liver damage

    “At approximately 11:15 p.m. last night, myself and @laurenhashianofficial had to make the painful decision to end Brutus’ suffering by taking him off life support and sending his soul to pup heaven.”

     Johnson adopted two dogs over the summer.

     “Another reminder we have to live and love as greatly as we can today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed,” wrote Johnson.

     He warned all other dog owners about the dangers of seemingly harmless plants in their own backyard.

     “I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your backyards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent can be deadly to your lil’ family members,” wrote Johnson.

     The news about Brutus’ passing comes less than a month after Johnson saved his puppy from a near-drowning on Labor Day weekend

    http://instagram.com/p/8Ob8yNoh6t/

    Next Up: