DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. — Jurors in the retrial of admitted Dunwoody day care killer Hemy Neuman heard from the defendant himself Wednesday in the form of a 6-hour long taped police interrogation.
The January 2011 interview took place at Dunwoody police headquarters and was, at times, contentious.
Prosecutors said Neuman shot and killed Rusty Sneiderman, because he was having an affair with Sneiderman's wife, his subordinate at GE Energy.
- Widow won't testify in Neuman retrial; Jurors view crime scene photos
- Testimony details relationship between Neuman, Sneiderman
- VIDEO: Potential jurors questioned in retrial of Hemy Neuman
- Jury selection underway in retrial of Hemy Neuman
- Ga. Supreme Court reverses Hemy Neuman murder conviction
- Georgia Supreme Court hears Hemy Neuman appeal
"The jig is up," then Lt. David Barnes told Neuman after several hours of questioning. "You are our man."
The statement came after Barnes and Sgt. Gary Cortellino revealed to Neuman a silver Kia Sedona he'd rented the day before the killing was on surveillance video leaving the Dunwoody Prep preschool parking lot.
"He's saying you're a better business man than you are a criminal," Cortellino can be heard telling Neuman. "That's the only fault you. have."
© 2020 Cox Media Group