COBB COUNTY, Ga. — As the hot summer weather continues across metro Atlanta, the Braves announced precautions they are taking against heat in the team’s next homestand.
The team said it put these precautions in place to help fans stay cool while attending games at Truist Park over the next week.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
The Milwaukee Brewers are in town this weekend and the Los Angeles Angels are in town early next week.
Cooling stations will be located on the lower level at the 1st and 3rd base elevator lobbies.
- YSL attorney wants video of arrest during religious ceremony involving goats not to be shown
- Police investigating string of ATM thefts around Atlanta, extensive damage done to stores
- Anesthesiologist seen in videos with “dancing doctor” sued for not stopping it
In addition to encouraging wearing a hat, the team said fans can bring one sealed plastic bottle of water, one bag of food, a handheld fan and one bottle of non-aerosol sunscreen per game ticket.
The team has also set up ice water stations at the following locations:
- Left Field Gate
- Chop House Gate
- Right Field Gate
- 1st Base Gate
- 3rd Base Gate
- 1st Base LL Premium Lobby
- 3rd Base LL Premium Lobby
- Jim Beam Lounge (ticket specific)
- Chippers Corner (ticket specific)
- Outside of Wahlburgers in The Battery Atlanta
- Delta Wing (Outside 3rd Base Gate)
Temperatures at first pitch are expected to be at or above 90 degrees for each game on the homestand.
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
IN OTHER NEWS:
©2023 Cox Media Group