CHEROKEE COUNTY, Ga. — An Outback Steakhouse has failed inspection after a worker used the same tongs on the trash as on the food.
Channel 2′s Carol Sbarge was in Canton, where that was just one of many violations that led to the restaurant on Reinhardt College Parkway failing with a score of 63.
The Cherokee County Health Inspector wrote that the majority of the kitchen was in disarray.
Violations included a worker who took tongs to push down trash and then used the same tongs to grab a cooked potato. Some food was also not held cold enough and food items marked with an October date were still being used.
Sbarge got a statement from the corporate office.
“The result of this inspection is unacceptable and contrary to how we run our restaurants,” a corporate spokesperson said in a statement. “We corrected most items during the inspection and have taken the appropriate measures to help ensure this won’t happen again.”
They went on to say they’ve done a thorough cleaning of the kitchen.
Sbarge talked to neighbors who were shocked about the failing score.
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
“That’s a big shock, because we like it,” Barbara Greene said. “Good food.”
“Tells me they need to be more careful about keeping things refrigerated, keeping their hands washed, keeping things clean,” Jewell Roberts said.