DUNWOODY, Ga. — A chemical spill forced several seniors out of an assisted living facility Wednesday afternoon.
A local fire department said Summer’s Landing Tilly Mill, at the corner of Tilly Mill Road and North Peachtree Road in Dunwoody, was evacuated as a precaution just before noon.
Fire officials told Channel 2's Manuel Bojorquez that someone smelled a bleach-like odor coming from the first-floor bathroom being cleaned.
Thirty people were then evacuated outside and taken to a nearby church to avoid the heat.
Two employees were transported to a hospital after complaints of nausea. One has since been released and the other is being held for observation.
Occupants returned to the facility just before 3 p.m.
© 2020 WSBTV