• Buckhead woman's death ruled accidental


    ATLANTA,None - Many questions are still unanswered in the case of a Buckhead woman who mysteriously disappeared before she was found dead. Stacey English died accidentally, according to autopsy results.

    English’s body was found wedged under a tree Jan. 23. She had been missing for more than a month.

    According to a release from the Fulton County Medical Examiner, English died of cold exposure.

    "Based on a combination of information sources, including the autopsy (which showed no injury or fatal disease), the sequence of events and circumstances, toxicology results (which showed no evidence of drug overdose), medical and mental health  records,  and statements of  witnesses and acquaintances, the most likely cause of Stacey English’s death is cold exposure," the release said.

    The Medical Examiner said because of the cause of death, English's manner of death has been ruled an accident. The Medical Examiner said the investigation was reviewed by all six medical examiners at the office, and all were in agreement.

    English disappeared the day after Christmas, but her Volvo was found running unattended in a library parking lot near her home soon after. In her apartment, she left behind her cellphone, iPad and keys.

    A friend who was visiting her from out of town for the holidays said she was acting strangely before her disappearance. Atlanta police interviewed the friend, Robert Kirk, but said he was never suspected in the case and was cooperative with investigators.

    According to police, English was on medication for an illness and she attempted suicide in 2008. Officers will no longer be discussing the case.

    "As a result of the findings of the Fulton County Medical Examiner’s Office and the investigation conducted by the Atlanta Police Homicide Unit, the Atlanta Police Department will be closing the case into the death of Ms. Stacey Nicole English. There will be no further statements issued in relation to this case and we will not be conducting interviews," Atlanta police spokesman Curtis Davenport said in a statement.


    Next Up:

  • Headline Goes Here

    Buckhead woman's death ruled accidental

  • Headline Goes Here

    Widespread showers Sunday afternoon, into evening

  • Headline Goes Here

    4 dead, several hurt in Waffle House shooting near Nashville

  • Headline Goes Here

    Police: Deadly-double shooting sparked by argument over gambling

  • Headline Goes Here

    Hundreds pay respects to CDC worker found dead weeks after disappearing