ATLANTA - Many Georgians saw a wintry mix of sleet, rain and snow early Wednesday morning. And more could be coming for New Year's Eve.
On Wednesday afternoon, Severe Weather Team's Brad Nitz said all the data is indicating a chance of snow as we ring in 2018. He added consistency in the new data is increasing so Georgians should be thinking about snow in the next few days.
Earlier on Wednesday, Channel 2’s Darryn Moore reported a mix of sleet and heavy rain falling in Gwinnett County during Channel 2 Action News This Morning.
- Founder of police watchdog group arrested for impersonating officer
- Grandmother found in car’s trunk likely ‘lured’ to her death
- Bold thieves swipe laptops at Starbucks, police say
WHAT CAN VIEWERS ONLY GET ON TV?
1. Updated hour-by-hour cloud and precipitation forecast models showing the potential system for New Year’s Eve/Day
2. Updated jet stream and temperature forecast showing the colder weather pattern lasting into 2018
3. Updated long range temperature and precipitation forecast through early next week
Channel 2 Action News viewers shared photos and videos of sleet in Woodstock, light snow flurries in Alpharetta, and a wintry mix in Elijay early Wednesday.
Severe Weather Team 2 Meteorologist Brad Nitz said two forecast models are showing the possibility of snow. Nitz stresses that we're still several days away from the date, so things could change.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.