• 2-year-old girl in coma after sliding board fire


    WALTON COUNTY, Ga. - A 2-year-old Walton County girl is in a medically-induced coma after being critically burned in a fire.

    Walton County officials said the incident happened at about 11:15 a.m. Saturday on Hudson Road.   

    Officials said the toddler and her 4-year-old sister were playing on a slide at her father's home when one of them poured gasoline onto the slide to make it slippery for better sliding. A spark from static electricity ignited the gasoline, catching the 2-year-old on fire.     

    Firefighters rushed her to Grady Memorial Hospital where she is in critical condition.   

    Officials do not anticipate any charges in this incident, calling it a tragic accident. The 4-year-old sibling was not hurt.  









    Next Up:

  • Headline Goes Here

    2-year-old girl in coma after sliding board fire

  • Headline Goes Here

    Tex McIver found guilty of murdering his wife

  • Headline Goes Here

    Juror in Tex McIver trial: 'It definitely took a lot of compromise'

  • Headline Goes Here

    A breakdown of the verdict in the Tex McIver trial

  • Headline Goes Here

    5 things to know about Diane McIver