• Icy Roads Leave 2 Women Dead In Atlanta

    ATLANTA - Two women are dead following an ice-related crash on the downtown connector.

    Atlanta police said the women, traveling in separate cars Saturday night, got out to check the damage after being involved in a fender bender on Interstate 20 near the downtown connector. Police said that's when a third vehicle, traveling eastbound on I-20, lost control and struck both vehicles and slammed into the women. Police told Channel 2 Action News reporter Mike Petchenik that they believe the third driver lost control due to icy road conditions.

    Authorities said one of the women died at the scene Saturday night, and a second victim died at Grady Memorial hospital Sunday morning.

    The Fulton County Medical Examiner's Office identified the victims as Satonya Cleveland, 35, of Lithonia and Angel Woah, 23, of Snellville. Police are investigating and have not charged the third driver.

    "It's a big loss for our family," said relatives of Woah.

    Police said the ice-related crash was one of many that kept officers busy Saturday night and Sunday morning.

    Atlanta police shut down part of I-20 near Joseph E. Lowery as they investigated two other ice-related crashes. In one case, police said a car overturned and sent a woman to the hospital. In another case, police said an SUV struck a wall.

    Georgia Department of Transportation cameras also captured video of a pick-up truck fishtailing and spinning out due to black ice on the interstate.

    Severe Weather Team 2's Brad Nitz said folks in the north Georgia mountains could be dealing with patchy ice Monday morning.

    GDOT is warning drivers to be extremely careful, and to watch out for icy patches.

    Icy roads are also causing headaches for stranded passengers at the Atlanta Greyhound station.

    Chyna Anderson told Channel 2 Action News reporter Eric Philips that she has been at the station for four days. Anderson has been trying to get from Texas to New York where her son is hospitalized.

    She was one of scores of people stranded indefinintely for days because of weather conditions, as some roads inside and outside of the state remain impassible.

    Greyhound has resorted to allowing some passengers to sleep on buses as opposed to hard terminal benches.

    A company representative told Philips that Greyhound is doing its best to get passengers to their final destinations, but called the delays "indefinite."

    Next Up:

  • Headline Goes Here

    Icy Roads Leave 2 Women Dead In Atlanta

  • Headline Goes Here

    The Latest: Brother: French officer gave life for strangers

  • Headline Goes Here

    Organizers hope to draw half a million to gun control rally

  • Headline Goes Here

    Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving

  • Headline Goes Here

    China's economic czar tells US Beijing will defend interests