Sports Director Zach Klein anchors sportscasts for Channel 2 Action News at 6 and the Channel 2 Action News Nightbeat. Zach also delivers play-by-play on Sports Zone Thursday Night High School Football.
Zach comes to Atlanta from Cox sister station WFTV in Orlando. He joined the Channel 9 Sports team in June of 2003 as the weekend anchor and weekday reporter.
Klein, a native of Chicago, fell in love with broadcasting in high school after realizing his only chance to make it in sports was to be on the other side of the microphone. He received his degree from the University of Kansas in 1996.
Klein’s first television journalism job was producing sports for WDAF in Kansas City. A year later, he finally talked the station into letting him report on high school, college and professional sports.
Next he joined KOKH-TV in Oklahoma City in June of 1999, where he was named the Sports Director.
Zach won the 2010 NATAS Emmy for best one-time sports program for the Falcons-Saints Monday Night Football Pregame Show.
- 3 key members of Falcons offense injured
- Georgia State coach goes shoe-less for good cause
- With Desmond Trufant injured, it's time for Jalen Collins to step up
- Atlanta United unveils new team kit
- Source: Atlanta Hawks purchase D-League team to play in College Park
- Falcons have mixed feelings about Thursday night games
- As Cubs World Series drought ends, Atlanta connection lives on
- Georgia, Florida both have bye before 'World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party'
- Bye-week comes at perfect time for Bulldogs
- Atlanta Falcons to wear throwback jerseys against San Diego Chargers
- Brian Snitker is Braves' full-time manager, no more 'interim'
- Dwight Freeney's advice to Panthers QB Cam Newton
- Todd Stansbury named as Ga. Tech's next athletic director
- Bulldogs' Kirby Smart reflects on first game as head coach
- Saturday in Athens: How Bulldogs players prepare for gameday
- Braves trade Francoeur to Miami in three-team deal
- Atlanta Dream to move venues ahead of anticipated renovations at Philips Arena
- Athletic Director Mike Bobinski leaving Georgia Tech
- Atlanta Hawks sign former Georgia Tech star Jarrett Jack
- Howard talks about decision to come to the Hawks