Sports Director Zach Klein anchors sportscasts for Channel 2 Action News at 6 and the Channel 2 Action News Nightbeat. Zach also delivers play-by-play on Sports Zone Thursday Night High School Football.
Zach comes to Atlanta from Cox sister station WFTV in Orlando. He joined the Channel 9 Sports team in June of 2003 as the weekend anchor and weekday reporter.
Klein, a native of Chicago, fell in love with broadcasting in high school after realizing his only chance to make it in sports was to be on the other side of the microphone. He received his degree from the University of Kansas in 1996.
Klein’s first television journalism job was producing sports for WDAF in Kansas City. A year later, he finally talked the station into letting him report on high school, college and professional sports.
Next he joined KOKH-TV in Oklahoma City in June of 1999, where he was named the Sports Director.
Zach won the 2010 NATAS Emmy for best one-time sports program for the Falcons-Saints Monday Night Football Pregame Show.
- Atlanta Hawks sign former Georgia Tech star Jarrett Jack
- Howard talks about decision to come to the Hawks
- Robbie Lawler on rumored Conor McGregor fight: 'It wouldn't have been…
- Key for Hawks in Game 5 is building, keeping lead
- Hawks take 2-0 series lead
- Hawks to Kyle Korver: 'Keep shooting'
- 97-year-old golfer to make 79th appearance at Masters Tournament
- Sources: Duke assistant No. 1 candidate for Georgia Tech job
- Kirby Smart talks one-on-one about first spring practice
- Georgia Tech coach, players ‘excited' for spot in NIT
- Yellow Jackets fall to Virginia in ACC tournament
- Jackets fall to Virginia in quarterfinals
- John Coppolella talks about humble beginnings, journey to Braves